The Beautiful/Work campaign supported our faculty, who teach, mentor, and inspire students to make visionary and groundbreaking work. They are leading practitioners in their fields, and their influence on students extends far beyond their time at SAIC. Our endowed funds for faculty attract today’s leading thinkers and makers to Chicago, making the city and the School a world-class destination for art and design.
Named Faculty Professorships
Endowing a position for an exemplary professor acknowledges and supports the faculty member’s commitment to education, institutional excellence, and professional practice. Named professorships also lend an element of prestige to the School by highlighting our association with cultural and civic leaders. A named faculty professorship endowment fund can be created through a commitment of $2 million or more.
While the Beautiful/Work campaign officially closed on June 30, 2018, you can still endow a named professorship. Contact Kendra Foley at 312.499.4190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellence in Teaching Fund
An Excellence in Teaching Fund provides an opportunity for SAIC to acknowledge and support outstanding full-time and part-time faculty members with a monetary award. Selected by a committee chaired by the Dean of Faculty, these awards help SAIC attract, recognize, and retain exceptional faculty whose influence radiates outward across the city and the world.
While the Beautiful/Work campaign officially closed on June 30, 2018, you can still create an Excellence in Teaching Fund. Contact Kendra Foley at 312.499.4190 or email@example.com.
Stories of Impact
SAIC faculty are nationally and internationally known artists, designers, and thought leaders who push our School and our city to evolve. Your support enables our faculty to impact the future of art and design. Through your gift, you embolden them to build a world-class art community in Chicago and beyond while driving our School and all that it influences forward.
Invest in SAIC's Intellectual Leaders
These awards support teachers, artists, and intellectual leaders in a range of top programs.
- William Bronson Mitchell and Grayce Slovet Mitchell Visiting Professor of Architecture, Interior Architecture and Designed Objects: Stuart Candy
- Angela Gregory Paterakis Professor in Art Education: Olivia Gude
- Alsdorf Professor of South and Southeast Asian Art History: Nora Taylor
- Emily Crane Chadbourne Professor of Art History, Theory and Criticism: Jim Elkins
- Goldabelle McComb Finn Distinguished Professor of Art History: David Getsy
- Mohn Family Professor of Contemporary Art History: David Raskin
- Sage Foundation Chair of Fashion Design: Anke Loh
- Stephanie and Bill Sick Professor of Fashion, Body and Garment: Nick Cave
- John H. Bryan Chair of Historic Preservation: Anne Sullivan
- Crown Family Professor in Painting and Drawing: Michelle Grabner
- Patrick J. and Dania L. Leemputte Family Professor in Painting and Drawing: Gaylen Gerber
- F.H. Sellers Professor in Painting: Susanna Coffey
- Frederick Latimer Wells Professor of Painting and Drawing: James Lutes
- Excellence in Teaching Fund